Thursday, August 1, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (CDT)
A teleclass to be enjoyed from any location where you have access to a phone. A recording of the class will be sent to all those registered.
Are you a parent grappling with how to have discussions about race with your children?
Has the George Zimmerman trial raised your awareness about race and the role it plays or doesn’t play within our society?
Join curator, Kara Burrell Wright founder of Mindhearted℠ for a safe, free-from-judgement discussion. In this class you will learn:
- Why all parents should talk to their children about race.
- When you should talk to your children about race.
- How you can talk to your children about race in a healthy way without being an expert.
You will leave with practical tips and tools to revolutionize the way you parent and live that include:
- How to start the conversation.
- How to answer your children’s questions that create the “awkward pause” and moments of fear or doubt.
- How you can use your best attribute to support your child’s learning around this topic.
- A discussion sheet to guide your conversation whether your child is a toddler, elementary age or a young adult.
Have a question? Is there one thing that you are really hoping to take away from this? If so, send your question to Kara@mindhearted.com.